You are done with all the puree and your toddler doesn’t really like it anymore since now that he has teeth he’s got to use them at all times. For now everything is finger-food :).. lets get messy. Here are some of my favorite breakfast recipes.
Baby Pan Cakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (this will make a dense pancake; you can use 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup uncooked commercial baby barley cereal from the box (or rice commercial baby cereal)
- 1/2 cup uncooked commercial baby oatmeal cereal from the box
- 1 cup formula (or another liquid such as milk)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (or fruit of your choice)
- 1 tbsp melted margarine or butter (unsalted type)
- 3 egg yolks (starting age 12 months you can use the whole egg)
- apple juice (about 1/2 cup) or use water if you prefer
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, dash of vanilla or other flavorings if you wish.
Read more at Wholesomebabyfood.com that’s where I found the recipe.
We tried regular pan cakes but she doesn’t like them as much as the banana once. Also these are super easy to freeze, so you can make a lot of them and serve them later.
It looks super funny how she eats them since its so thin and wobble 🙂 ….. she looooves her crepes!
Also mommy and daddy love them too!
You can find the recipe here:
This is not only great for your toddler, but also for you as an adult. Super easy and yummy!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 Tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of salt
Preheat the oven to 375 degree F
Place the butter in an oven dish (round glass dish if you have) and place in the oven. Meanwhile mix all ingredients in a blender for about 30 seconds. Pour the batter in the oven dish and bake for about 25 minutes until its puffed and brown.
To all of the three recipes we like to serve some fruits as a side, such as apples, banana, strawberry, raspberry , blueberry or clementines.
To a good start into the new day!